– 1 rue de la Perle, PARIS 3ème –
A town house built between 1685 and 1686 by Libéral Bruant, architect to Louis XIV, for use as his own private residence. He designed the facade, marked by a triangular pediment, decorated with cherubs, based on the plan of the Eglise des Invalides which he himself designed. L’Ecole des Ponts et Chaussee was housed here from 1771 to 1788. The Maison Bricard created a Museum of Locks here in 1975.
Restoration project: 2001-2007 (Restored by Les Lions Saint Paul Rénovation)